Mold/Mold removal from patio pavers

What is the best way to remove mold/mildew from my patio pavers and stop it from returning. I live in Florida with lots of rain and high humidity.

Hi Karl, good question and a very common one in many parts of the USA. You can purchase a mold/mildew remover at most hardware stores Lowe's and Home Depot. Zep make s a good one that I use available at Home Depot. Follow the instructions on the label and you will be happy with the results. It may take more than one treatment to remove all the mold/mildew.
Preventing future growth takes some maintenance on your part. Mix up some water 85% with bleach 15% and spray it on the pavers every time you start to see green mildew or black mold growing on them. That should solve the problem. Take precautions when spraying this mixture and wear protective eye ware and clothing. Good luck, Daniel

Daniel Cetrone

I am probably able to help you understand the mold problem you are having, why it is happening and what to do about it! Most mold problems small, thus easy and simple to remediate. Large mold problems are a different case! They can cause an entire home to be unhabitable!

I am a residentail contractor with 29 years or experience remodeling, repairing and building homes. Throughout many of those I handled insurance damage restoration and remediation projects.

Fitchburg State College, Secondary Education Major, Industrial Ars specialty 1975 Water Damage Restoration certification from (IICRC) Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification 2000