Mold/Mold removal from patio pavers

Question
What is the best way to remove mold/mildew from my patio pavers and stop it from returning. I live in Florida with lots of rain and high humidity.

Answer
Hi Karl, good question and a very common one in many parts of the USA. You can purchase a mold/mildew remover at most hardware stores Lowe's and Home Depot. Zep make s a good one that I use available at Home Depot. Follow the instructions on the label and you will be happy with the results. It may take more than one treatment to remove all the mold/mildew.
Preventing future growth takes some maintenance on your part. Mix up some water 85% with bleach 15% and spray it on the pavers every time you start to see green mildew or black mold growing on them. That should solve the problem. Take precautions when spraying this mixture and wear protective eye ware and clothing. Good luck, Daniel

Mold

Daniel Cetrone