Mold/Black mold

Air test
Air test  
I've recently moved into a rent house while I  waiting on my new house to be build. My room had a musty smell so I did a home air test. I have attached the picture of the results, after about 4 days. Can you tell if it's black mold?

Hi Jessica, it is difficult for me to say which mold it is from the picture. It is definitely mold and if that grew just in a few days I would not stay in that room any longer. You can take your sample to the local board of health and see if they can determine what it is. Try to find another temporary place to live as soon as possible. Good luck, Daniel

Daniel Cetrone

I am probably able to help you understand the mold problem you are having, why it is happening and what to do about it! Most mold problems small, thus easy and simple to remediate. Large mold problems are a different case! They can cause an entire home to be unhabitable!

I am a residentail contractor with 29 years or experience remodeling, repairing and building homes. Throughout many of those I handled insurance damage restoration and remediation projects.

Fitchburg State College, Secondary Education Major, Industrial Ars specialty 1975 Water Damage Restoration certification from (IICRC) Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification 2000