My shower is one of those inserts that goes Round the is caulked all around the top and bottom. The problem is ther are a couple cracks around where the insert is molded gor soap or a place to put shampoo and such. I have been putti g xalk on theae cracks but I guess water has still gotten back behind the insert. Therebis a bad smell andn nasty looking black stuff coming out if those cracks. I am in a finiancial bind at the moment because I gave a car in the shop that needs a motor put in it. So what ever help u can give I would appreciate. I am just hoping this isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg. Thanks, Belinda

Hi Belinda, you have mold between the old tub and the surround. I wish there was an easy fix I could tell you about but I don't have one. My guess is that it needs to be replaced but not being there and seeing it with my own eyes I can't tell for sure. Can you contact a local person who knows about mold to come and take a look at it? You could take some pictures of the situation and send them to me and I can get a better idea from looking at them. Sorry I wish I had better news for you. Daniel

Daniel Cetrone

I am probably able to help you understand the mold problem you are having, why it is happening and what to do about it! Most mold problems small, thus easy and simple to remediate. Large mold problems are a different case! They can cause an entire home to be unhabitable!

I am a residentail contractor with 29 years or experience remodeling, repairing and building homes. Throughout many of those I handled insurance damage restoration and remediation projects.

Fitchburg State College, Secondary Education Major, Industrial Ars specialty 1975 Water Damage Restoration certification from (IICRC) Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification 2000