Hi I'm hoping you can help I need to know if I have mould in my bedroom I have a week old Baby and don't feel safe taking him in there its around the window frame and travelling on the walls and spreading onto the blinds now its a gray/black colour and looks if there is some fur on parts of it thanks

If you have mold, then you also have a moisture problem.  This could be caused from excess humidity, inadequate ventilation, poorly-insulated walls or windows, or other reasons.  

In your case I would clean the mold using a dilute bleach solution with some detergent, then work on identifying and fixing the causes.  If the mold has progressed as far as you describe, then you should do a complete HEPA vacuuming of all surfaces in the room and adjoining spaces, especially floors and horizontal surfaces, and launder all fabrics (bedspreads, etc.).  You will need to use a true HEPA vacuum for this.

A lot of good information can be found here:

Best of luck,

Steve Major (Principal -- Lakeland Environmental)

I can answer questions on indoor mold (fungal) infestations, indoor air quality, and indoor moisture problems. This includes mold testing, investigation, and remediation. PLEASE indicate your state or region, so I can provide the best possible answer.

I have extensive experience in the investigation, testing, and remediation of indoor fungal (mold) infestations, including the design and oversight of remediation projects, hands-on cleaning and removal, and safe work practices. I developed a successful mold remediator training and certification program, and have trained many mold workers and remediation supervisors in proper techniques. I have a strong knowledge of the ways in which moisture and airlow patterns in buildings can affect fungal growth and air quality.

BS Cornell University. IAQA Certified Mold Remediator. 40-hour HAZWOPER certification. NYS Department of Health Certified Training Director.