Can you please tell me if a 12 year old girl should kiss her father on the lips... This doesn't seem normal to me..
Also, is a child of this age need to sleep alone in her bed. She still sleeps with her father.. She seems to really love her dad a lot and this may be nothing at all..... Thank you so much..

Jamie, tough call there, without knowing more about the dad/daughter history. The "kiss" on the lips should be on the order of a quick love peck, not lingering.

Pre-teen girls have a lot going on in their lives and bodies and are on the brink of breaking free of parental bonds, in most cases. I think she should be sleeping alone, but it is hard to know her state of mind, mental capacity and maturity without more details.

Deep loving relationships between parents and children are getting to be rare occurances, these days. AND there are more than a few questions here from molested daughters, who couldn't break free from their dads. Or she may just be a late bloomer....

William Silver  

William Silver

I can address all questions about physical, sexual, emotional trauma and how to eliminate the effects from your life. I specialize in assisting clients with a 1 to 3-hour session that can discharge all of the negative feelings around any type of emotionally based problem. I can direct you to some websites where you can download information to assist you and your loved ones with emotional problems. I can also assist directly on the phone or via email, in addition to personal sessions, here in San Diego, California. I am not a licensed therapist, lawyer or law enforcement officer.

I have been a holistic health therapist for a total of over 15 years, specializing in anxiety-phobia, trauma release work.

TFT/EFT training, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, SHEN, Reiki, Hypnotherapy.