Monitor Problems/Acer X241W Monitor - No Signal

osuuma wrote at 2008-04-09 16:41:18
The problem is with the monitor. This model, X241WSD, is known to have the "No Signal" problem.

A hard power cycle temporarily solves the problem. The true solution is a firmware update, however acer is not supplying it.

DK-Warren wrote at 2008-04-14 01:22:00
The problem may be the ACER X241W.  Do a web search on that model, and on ACER AL2423W.  I have one of each.  Similar problem with both models.  Usually, disconnecting power (not just on-off switch) for about 30 minutes seems to get the monitor working, again.  Sometimes the DVI inputs work, sometimes the VGA inputs work.  I believe that this is an ACER problem, but the ACER techies deny having heard about this.

mtk wrote at 2008-05-06 04:05:42
A lot of people are having the "no signal" trouble with this monitor.  

While looking for a solution, I read a post where the guy unplugged from his power strip and plugged directly into the wall socket.  Didn't make any sence that should do anything, but I tried it anyway.  My monitor has been working properly ever since.

Dave wrote at 2008-07-11 18:42:04
I had the monitor plugged into a desktop with an ATI Radeon 9550 video card, and never had this problem.  I moved it to a laptop using an nVidia-based graphical chipset, and this problem occurred.  Both connections used DVI.

FYI,

Dave

Cruoff wrote at 2008-08-21 06:22:22
Acer Monitor X241W "No Signal" sign pops up in midle of running monitor and "Monitor Flashes on

and off" Unplug monitor power cord and plug it back in seemed to work well for me

codeausdaboss wrote at 2009-04-28 04:33:37
This never works for me....I tried it several times and nothing happened I just wait a bout a day and try it then.....

blowingwatts wrote at 2010-07-10 00:58:36
the acer X241W has bad capacitors in it which eventuall will cause a blown 3amp pico fuse on the backlight inverter.  This problem is reported many times and replacing the capacitors early is a good solution.  If you begin getting the "no signal" and flashing black screen.  Shut it off and dismantle it.  Buy the capacitors that fit and are equal rating then rebuild it and it will work fine!  PROBLEM IS THE CAPACITORS ARE CHEAP CapXcon brand

Viktor wrote at 2015-08-10 10:31:20
problem no signal - bad capacitors (bubble capacitors) in DVI-SUB board (input board). Replace!

Monitor Problems

Chris Morrison