Monitors/cctv monitor

can a cctv monitor be replace by a pc monitor.what are the main differences.

Depending on the inputs and outputs the monitor needs to have for your CCTV, yes it may be possible. Primarily what a CCTV monitor will offer are BNC/RF inputs that a computer monitor will lack, some will also offer more complex video input/processing features that you won't find on a traditional computer monitor.

Alternately, you may be able to install a CCTV input card into your computer (depending on your computer's capabilities), and use that to replicate the functionality of a traditional CCTV monitor.

I can answer questions related to monitor specifications and purchasing, and connection of monitors to computer hardware (or similar). I can also help to explain monitor specifications and how they relate to the viewing experience.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience