Monitors/Error Message

What does "Input out Range Mean"?

If this is an error being displayed by a computer monitor, it could be a variety of causes leading to a single problem: the video signal you're sending to the monitor exceeds one of its input parameters (this is why I said "variety of causes") - field rate, horizontal resolution, vertical resolution, color depth, etc is set wrong. Some monitors may also use that message generically if they do not detect any input (technically it is "out of range" but it would be arguably more helpful if the monitor said "no signal" instead).

Re-set the computer's output resolution settings to align with something the monitor supports, and check the cabling.

I can answer questions related to monitor specifications and purchasing, and connection of monitors to computer hardware (or similar). I can also help to explain monitor specifications and how they relate to the viewing experience.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience