Monitors/monitor

Question
Hello Sir,

Can we use a TV with HDMI input to monitor a CCTV camera through a DVR with HDMI output.

Thanks

Answer
Yes, as long as the TV supports the resolution (or at least one of the resolutions) that the DVR device outputs. If the DVR device has multiple output resolutions, I would suggest setting it to whatever the highest resolution the TV can accept (an HDTV may accept up to 1080p depending on its capabilities). I would suggest using an LCD based TV for this as well, as Plasma (PDP) displays are prone to burn-in, and if the DVR device is going to output something "constant" like time-stamps, a segmented grid, etc that will end up burned-in to the plasma given enough time.

-bob

Monitors

Bobbert