QUESTION: Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor

General Specification:
21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Display
Backlight LED Backlight
Panel Type IPS
Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
HD Yes
Full HD Yes
HDMI Connectivity Yes
VGA Connectivity Yes
Part Number S2240L

Can I use it as tv with my set top box via hdmi cable?

I also want to buy a seperate cpu unit for that LCD Monitor. What specifiction needed in my pc to use this monitor?

Intel graphic card is okay to use it or not?

ANSWER: Yes if it offers an HDMI input, as specified, it will connect to the cable box. As far as a computer, it would need to have a video output that can connect to the monitor - such as VGA. Modern Intel graphics ("Intel HD Graphics") would be suitable for that; if you wish to play demanding 3D games you will likely need a more powerful graphics card, like an nVidia GeForce.

QUESTION: Can I use hdmi and vga port of lcd in a dual use? Means when my set top box is on(cpu is off) and while using my pc cable box should be off. To avoid ReInsert of cables again and again I think it could work?? Both cables connected to lcd for cable box(via hdmi) and pc via(vga cable)?

I think you understand my concern?

Yes that makes sense - and yes that will work. The monitor will likely automatically switch inputs based on what's powered on (it also probably has a "preference" if both devices are on) as well as allowing you to select input via the on-device controls (buttons on the monitor); thus overriding the automatic switching.

I can answer questions related to monitor specifications and purchasing, and connection of monitors to computer hardware (or similar). I can also help to explain monitor specifications and how they relate to the viewing experience.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience