Monitors/High end monitor

Regarding the Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34-Inch Curved LED-Lit Monitor.

Since it is a high end monitor,no store has it on display even though I live in a major metropolitan area. My main questions are too subjective to ask in an online FAQ  or figure out from reading reviews. It is too obscure to find it on Craig's List. So how can I see it to find out if it will fit my needs or is there some other way to get a more objective measure of picture quality, mouse speed, etc?

The other thought might be to wait until next year. Do you think they will have an 8k monitor by then?

I think "8k" by 2016 is probably an overly optimistic assessment - many computers today cannot even drive 4k displays, let alone the much higher resolutions required for 8k resolutions. As far as your questions - the monitor's specifications can address some concerns, such as resolution, pixel density, etc. As far as the picture quality, you would need to rely on reviews or your own subjective assessment; generally speaking UltraSharp monitors are high quality displays though. When you mention "mouse speed" what do you specifically mean? Further, you mention "will it fit my needs" - what are you attempting to accomplish for which this monitor seems a good candidate? And given the resolution of this monitor, what are you meaning to plug it into?

If you have any further questions or need clarification, feel free to ask as well.

I can answer questions related to monitor specifications and purchasing, and connection of monitors to computer hardware (or similar). I can also help to explain monitor specifications and how they relate to the viewing experience.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience