Monitors/Monitor set-up

Hi Bobbert,
Would it be possible to connect a Sumsung S22D300Hy (Manual = to my P.C. and also fit an HDMI cable to connect an Android Tablet?

If I'm reading the manual properly, your model includes a single VGA and a single HDMI input. Depending on the output capabilities of your PC you could likely use the VGA connector, however this will not support HDCP (this will only be an issue if you're interested in viewing protected HD content - e.g. from Blu-ray or some streaming services - in HD); HDCP requires a digital interface (DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort are all compatible, assuming all of the associated devices are compatible as well (e.g. your PC must support it)).

Connecting to your tablet depends on the capabilities of your tablet - some do support video out, but many do not. If your tablet has an MHL or mini-DisplayPort (or similar) connector, then you can adapterize that to HDMI and connect to the monitor; if you need HDMI for both devices (your PC and tablet), an HDMI switch would be the easiest answer.

I can answer questions related to monitor specifications and purchasing, and connection of monitors to computer hardware (or similar). I can also help to explain monitor specifications and how they relate to the viewing experience.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience