Monkees, The/Monkees trading cards value.

QUESTION: Hello, I have a couple of prisine, unopened Monkees trading card boxes from 1967 - One is a yellow box, the other is a blue box.  They sold for $ .5 a pack and each box has 36 packs.  I've searched the web but cannot find any for sale so I was wondering what you believed their value is.  Thanks so much

ANSWER: The info I have is from 1998 so price wise it is probably a little low but it will give you an idea.

The yellow box -Canadian Harold Cowan Co. LTD. -3/4"x3-3/4"x8"  that has the same artwork as on the 1st series US boxes; the company names are different and the count is also. Canadian count is 36 (US 24) US packs had 5 cards per pack; Canadian packs only had 3.value for the empty box G $60 VG $90 NM $120

The blue box -  Canadian Harold Cowan Co. LTD. -3/4"x3-3/4"x8" blue box that has the same artwork as on the 1st series boxes only it has "THE 2nd SERIES featuring the" printed in place of "TH" above the red guitar logo and "colour photos" printed below it; the extra printing took the place of the stickers used om the US ro show a new series was outand the blue box also helped; value for the empty box G $60 VG $90 NM $120.

You might try checking eBay to see what they are going for on there if they have any. Other wise this will give you a ball park.

Hoped that helped.

QUESTION: You did help - but I should have clarified - both boxes also contain all the trading card packs (36 each) unopened.

Wow! I don't even have a listing for a full box...single packets run G$10 VG $15 and NM $20 So it your box and the packets are NM you are looking at  about $850 - $1000 for a full box. I don't know where you are at but I have a friend in Minnesota who has a collector's store called Mr. Zeros ( a Monkees reference). His name is Rick Schwinden and his store is on facebook at; If you are wanting to sell he might be able to help you find an interested party. Good luck!

Monkees, The

I`ve been a Monkees fan since the beginning, I run an authorized fan club for the Monkees, together and individually. If I don`t know the answer to your question I know someone who does.

I have been a fan since 1966 and have run an authorized fan club since 1987. I have seen the guys perform close to 200 times, as individuals and together. We are lucky enough to have an especially good rapport with David and his family. His sister Hazel regularly contributes to our newsletter.

The Purple Flower Gang Monkees fan club
The National Association of Fan Clubs

many different Monkees fanzines