Monroe, Marilyn/Marilyn Monroe

I just curious, Marilyn Monroe played as a Dumb Blonde at her time, my question is "Do the term Dumb Blonde already exist/popular in USA before Marilyn Monroe's time? I mean before she popularized it.

thanks for your help

Hi Drake,

Fun question--thank you for writing in! Yes, the term "dumb blonde" and all the stereotypes that come along with it existed long before Marilyn's time. It probably gained more popularity because emerging media, such as movies, TV and pop culture magazines, brought more attention to these things.

Monroe, Marilyn

Elisa Jordan

I can answer questions pertaining to almost all aspects of Marilynís life and career. Iím familiar with her movies, training, and accomplishments and can also field inquiries regarding her childhood, relationships (romantic, friendships and otherwise), emotional and medical ailments, and what she was like in general. I am a fan of Marilyn Monroe and her work. I am not a memorabilia dealer and cannot give you estimates on Marilyn merchandise or collectibles. Thank you for understanding.

Iíve been a Marilyn Monroe fan since the early 1980s and grew up watching her films on television. Iíve spent countless hours researching her and have built up an extensive library on all things Marilyn. As a Southern California native, I have been able to easily visit and photograph many of the sites that played important roles in Marilynís life, such as houses, studios, restaurants, her grave, and so on. Furthermore, I have visited sites in San Diego, Reno/Dayton, and New York City that were homes or filming sitesóallowing me to retrace many of Marilynís steps, literally.

I write original articles about Marilyn Monroe on I currently give tours of historical sites associated with Marilyn Monroe through my boutique tour company, L.A. Woman Tours. Check the website for upcoming tour dates: