Monroe, Marilyn/Marilyn's hobbies

Question
do you know if she ever painted? my uncle who lived many years in california acquire a "strange style" painting that he swears (who told him, i have no idea--and it doesn't matter really, cuz it's kinda cool) that this items was done by Marilyn Monroe. We've had it many years since he died, and it's a family bit of humor now...but hey..curiosity, you know.   Thank you for considering my query.

Answer
Self Portrait
Self Portrait  
Hi Sue,

Marilyn was a true workaholic and didn't have much time for things like hobbies. That said, there are a few impressionist-like drawings and paintings that she left behind. She didn't do too many of them, but, yes, there are a couple of paintings she did. As for your uncle's paintings, it's a slim chance that they're by Marilyn because her belongings didn't really start to circulate among the general public until the last few years. Not impossible, though.

I attached a "self portrait" that she painted so you could see her style.

Hope this helps!

Elisa

Monroe, Marilyn

Elisa Jordan