Monroe, Marilyn/influences on Marilyn Monroe

Hello Elisa,
I have been a big fan of Marilyn Monroe since I was little. I currently have been assigned to do a report on a famous person. so this gave me the opportunity to talk about Marilyn. This report needs to talk about people or things (what ever that can make an argument)that influence Marilyn's life. I was hoping who you would recommend the most influential personal towards Marilyn.
Bionca Wood

Hi Bionca,

Sounds like an interesting assignment. Without a doubt, the most influential person in Marilyn Monroe's life was a woman named Grace McKee Goddard. Grace was best friends with Marilyn's mother, Gladys. When Gladys had a mental breakdown and could no longer care for Marilyn, who was still very young at the time, Grace stepped in and became Marilyn's guardian. It was also Grace who used to tell young Marilyn that she would grow up to be a famous actress. She used to say things like, "One day you're going to be a great woman, just like Jean Harlow."

I'm attaching an article I wrote about Grace, which is fairly extensive. Everything you need should be there, but if you need anything else please feel free to check back with me. I'd be happy to help!

Good luck with your report!

Monroe, Marilyn

Elisa Jordan

I can answer questions pertaining to almost all aspects of Marilynís life and career. Iím familiar with her movies, training, and accomplishments and can also field inquiries regarding her childhood, relationships (romantic, friendships and otherwise), emotional and medical ailments, and what she was like in general. I am a fan of Marilyn Monroe and her work. I am not a memorabilia dealer and cannot give you estimates on Marilyn merchandise or collectibles. Thank you for understanding.

Iíve been a Marilyn Monroe fan since the early 1980s and grew up watching her films on television. Iíve spent countless hours researching her and have built up an extensive library on all things Marilyn. As a Southern California native, I have been able to easily visit and photograph many of the sites that played important roles in Marilynís life, such as houses, studios, restaurants, her grave, and so on. Furthermore, I have visited sites in San Diego, Reno/Dayton, and New York City that were homes or filming sitesóallowing me to retrace many of Marilynís steps, literally.

I write original articles about Marilyn Monroe on I currently give tours of historical sites associated with Marilyn Monroe through my boutique tour company, L.A. Woman Tours. Check the website for upcoming tour dates: