Montessori Method/How to introduce my daughter ;how to read

Nancy wrote at 2013-10-10 21:11:44
Our preschool(and we have since bought it for home) uses Reading Eggs It's inexpensive, keeps the kids occupied and works well, Our 3 year old reads and plays all the games our 5 year old does, so she is far advanced, and our 5 year old is doing the 3rd grade games with relative ease.

MomAtWork wrote at 2013-10-14 02:09:12
You might want to try out an 8 level program I found at which is based on research about how children learn to read. The programs builds systematically from letters to sounds, then to words and sentences, and ultimately to reading fluency. It is developed by leading educators, award-winning authors and illustrators, teachers, and parents. At the moment there is a free trial.

Kate Bishop wrote at 2013-10-20 22:47:21
Starfall looks good - did you try it out?

We've also used (my daughter thinks of it as a game and she asks to log on every day!) and for reading together and more focused 'tangible' activities.

Are there any other good similar programmes that people can recommend?

Derrek B wrote at 2013-10-28 18:48:36
I would have to agree with Nancy and Kate.  These are all great programs that kids really enjoy.  One of our favorites is at Help To Read.  It's really geared toward utilizing phonics to help kids learn to read.

Montessori Method

I can answer questions relating to the benefit of Montessori Method covering the basic concepts, superiority over the conventional system and the apparent limitations. I can also answer question on Setting up of the Montessori environment including sourcing of materials, cost and the time estimates.

I have been involved from the inception in an on going project that introduces and maintains the Montessori System of education for under privileged children at the kindergarten level in public schools.

SriRamacharan Charitable Trust

BA (Sociology) and 1 Year diploma course in the Montessori Method certified to guide children in the age group of 2 to 6 years.