Moody Blues/Moody Blues Dec. Concert at the Palms

Question
Hi Tracy,
Would you know the Moody Blues playlist for the 12/15 concert at the Palms in Las Vegas?  I would like to see the Moody Blues again but only if they have made changes to their playlist since the last time I saw them.
thanks,
John

Answer
Hi John,

Gosh, I wish I could help you, but about all I can do is review the last round of concerts and make an educated guess from there.

Considering that two of the band's vocal powerhouses, Mike Pinder and Ray Thomas are no longer with the band, that really cuts down the number of available performance songs by their respective contributions.

If the past few tours are any indication, there may be one or two alternate songs thrown into the rotation (no idea what those would be, at this point), which could cause a slight shuffle of the order of songs, but that about all I would expect.

Since I'm not sure when the last time you saw them was, it's tough to know what would be new to you, but I know if you haven't seen them in a couple of years, "Gemini Dream" was in for the spring tour, as was "You and Me".

I also know that for the last tour they did sort of shake things up and perform a different set list every night.  It wasn't DRAMATICALLY different, from what I've heard (didn't get to make any shows last tour, unfortunately...), but it was a first for the band, and it's possible they'll try something like that again this tour.  If that's the case, then when you consider the full list of songs they've performed in rotation since Ray's departure, you may be in for a surprise or two.

I can also (unfortunately) say, don't expect any new music this tour.  There's an interview from Justin from September where he says that there "maybe" new music, but that he doesn't know yet.

If you want to go see the band (and can...), John, by all means, go for it!  Whether you've heard the songs before or not, you always know you'll get a great show.

I hope I've helped a bit, John, and thanks for using Allexperts.com!

Tracy

Moody Blues

Tracy Zimmermann