Moody Blues/?????

Question
Just watched a special on the Stones it said they had most tour dates at 1300. Just curious how close are MB'S?

Answer
Hi K,

Great question!  This one's going to take a bit of research, though, so I'll need some time to dig into the archives.  Quick clarification from you though, if you would.  What comprises this count of (I presume# 1300 shows?  Does it start from the band's earliest club dates?  Or do you know whether this is just tour dates since the Stones signed their first record contract?  The reason I ask is because many of those earliest dates #for both the Stones and the Moodies) are lost to history and will be impossible to validate.

Also, do you know if this includes any gig? The Moodies did a lot of unscheduled, free shows on their first trip to the US in the early 1970's, and many of those are also lost to history.  It'll just help me as I sift through this stuff if I had a better idea as to what kind of show counts and how far back to go.

Just respond to this message if you have any additional info, and I'll do what I can.  It may take me a while, so I ask for your patience.  

Thanks for asking!

Tracy

Moody Blues

Tracy Zimmermann