Moody Blues/music

Question
Hi Tracy,

Sorry if these questions are too repetitive. :

1.   Is the song, "Eternal Love" (from the movie, 'She'        
    available without the voice - overs ?
         (I have searched and searched.)

2.   Where to find the guitar chords for “Haunted”
         (I’ve searched and searched.)

Thank you any help,
         barbara

Answer
Hi Barbara,

Gosh, I wish I had better news for you, but there's just no good audio out there for "Eternal Woman".  (It just sucks that such a great song was stuck in such a lousy movie...)  I know there are insanely talented audio folks out there in Moodyland (who have the right kind of equipment and software...) who might be able to get you something, but in all honesty, without a decent digital copy of the film, I doubt that it will be possible to separate the movie track from the music track without damaging the music part.  I know there are some audio geniuses on the Lost Chords message board, and no doubt, you've already spoken to a few of them.

If you're unfamiliar with Lost Chords, you can reach the owner of the list on the web here:
http://mailman.connactivity.com/mailman/listinfo/lost-chords

Or, if that doesn't work, try the email address:  lost-chords@mailman.connactivity.com

As for guitar cords for "Haunted"?  Nothing (as you know...) is there, either.  I actually get a lot of requests for transcriptions of all kinds of Moody Blues songs; most of which are for songs that were not actually singles, which makes them even harder to come by.  About the only thing I can suggest is for you to get in touch with a professional music transcriber who might be able to do that for you.  If you can't find one in your local Yellow Pages (that would be a stretch, I agree...) I would think that a local guitar shop (or the Guitar Center, if you have one near you) could recommend someone for the job.  I'd probably even try a college or university near you, and talk to someone in the music department.  They could probably help you with that, also.  It won't be cheap; that's a pretty specialized talent and skill, so it all comes down to how badly you want or need that music.

Unfortunately, sheet music and/or songbooks of the band's recordings haven't been printed for years; "Keys" was the last full album to have been transcribed, and that was more than 20 years ago now.  (Those songbooks are quite rare, I can tell you!)

I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you, Barbara.  I had secretly hoped that Justin might have included a re-recorded version of "Eternal Woman" on his last album, but it likely just didn't fit the concept.  Perhaps we'll see it included elsewhere in the future?  (Fingers crossed!)

Best of luck in your search, and thanks for using Allexperts.com!

Tracy

Moody Blues

Tracy Zimmermann