Moody Blues/Mike Pinder

Question
Hi Tracy, Why did Mike Pinder leave the group and where did he end up going and did he continue to write songs?

Answer
Hi Michael,

Mike left the group in 1978, not long after "Octave" was completed.  Though I'm unsure on the timing, Mike started consulting work with Atari (the computer game company) working primarily on music synthisis.

In 1994, Mike released "Among the Stars", his second solo album and the first on his One Step records label.  In 1995, Mike released the first of his spoken word albums, "A Planet With One Mind", followed by "A People With One Heart" in 1996.

Mike continues to work pretty regularly, both as a solo artist and on collaborations with others, including his sons' project, The Pinder Brothers Band.

You can find out more about Mike here:  http://www.mikepinder.com/.

I hope that answers your questions, Michael, and thanks for using Allexperts.com!

Tracy

Moody Blues

Tracy Zimmermann