Moody Blues/rock &roll hall of fame

Have the moody blues or any members of the band been inducted in the hall of fame. If so, when? If not, then why do  you think not?          Thanks

Hi Larry,

I've actually answered this question before, and you can find that response here:

In short, though, no, none of the members (individually or as a group) have been inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, though Justin's been in the Songwriters HOF for years.

It all comes down to politics and Jann Wenner's dislike of the band.  (He's stated his contempt for them and their music in numerous interviews.)  As long as he has anything to do with the HOF, the Moodies will never even be nominated (which they have yet to be, even though they've been eligible for nomination since 1989).

I wish I had better news for you, Larry!  Thanks for using!

Moody Blues

Tracy Zimmermann

I’m pretty confident that I can answer just about any question about the band or their music you may have. I’ve been a fan since 1972 and have followed their careers (collectively and as solo artists,) closely ever since. In addition, I've amassed a vast database on all things Moody - from "completest" discographies for the band and all of their solo projects, to extensive bibliographies, videographies, posterfiles, etc. I have an extensive collection of memorabilia; both group and related solo projects. My collection includes vinyl, CDs, tapes (cassette, 8-track, and reel,) posters, shirts, sheet music and songbooks, back stage passes, magazines, books and other publications, equipment, and video. If I don’t know it, I know where to find it. All you have to do is ask!

I’ve been a fan of the band since 1972. I was a contributing editor to "Higher and Higher", the Moody Blues Magazine 1994, to the magazine’s untimely demise in 2007, writing the Videography Department.

As noted previously, much of my writing has appeared in “Higher and Higher” since 1994, but I also wrote a piece that appeared in issue #1 of Mike Pinder’s newsletter “Have You Heard”.

Though I haven’t yet finished, my educational focus is on a Journalism degree.

I've also had the good fortune to have traveled to England to catch the end of the Band's Spring 2000 concert tour; a trip I've always wanted to take. I’ve supplied research information on the band to a number of sources, including the July 5, 2004 English Quiz Show “Mastermind” which featured a contestant whose expertise was also the Moody Blues. I also participated in the UK Channel 4 presentation of the “Top Ten” program's episode on Progressive Rock, that featured the Moody Blues at #3 on their list. That program aired on March 3, 2001.