Motorcycle Repair/Having to push start my 1981 Yamaha

jd wrote at 2013-05-05 21:28:03
ihave the same problem i had to rebuild the starter and i put a new silinoid on it and still wont start so now im going around the system and hooking up a nother button just on the silinoid and batteryto the starter

Motorcycle Repair

(Sidecar) Bob Kingsmill

I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH HARELYS. ATVs ARE NOT MOTORCYCLES. DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT THEM. DON'T ASK UNLESS YOU HAVE LOOKED IN THE SHOP MANUAL FIRST - IT ONLY ROBS SOMEONE WITH A REAL QUESTION OF THE OPPORTUNITY. You can ask me electrical questions about 1975-85 HONDAS. You can ask me about driving sidecars in the winter, or sidecars in general. You can ask me general motorcycle repair questions, but my main experience is with Honda CX500, GL500, CX650, GL650, GL1000 and GL1100 models. I also know a bit about the Suzuki GS400 and 1980s Dneprs, but I haven't touched either in years. If you ask about a model I am not familiar with I will do my best to find your answer.

I have been operating and maintaining Honda motorcycles since 1991 and other types since 1985. I have access to several online usergroups that specialize in keeping these types of bikes roadworthy and am considered an expert in some areas, particularly electrical/wiring matters. I have been using sidecars for everyday winter transportation in Southern Ontario since 1987 except for 2 winters on a trike. I have learned how to make this a relatively comfortable activity and how to prepare the machine so that it survives the road salt.

Naked Gold Wings; Honda Transverse Twins of America

Electronics & acoustics technician. Correspondence courses in motorcycle repair & small engines.