Motorcycle Repair/1995 SUZUKI GS500E

Question
HI, I HAVE 1995 SUZUKI GS500E IT STARTS AND RUNS WITH SOME HELP FROM ME GIVING IT A LITTLE GAS FROM THE THROTTLE. BUR ONCE I LET IT GO SHE CUTS RIGHT OFF.

Answer
I'm guessing that you just bought it????

When the choke is turned off, the engine has to run on the idle jets. When bikes sit for a long time with old gas in the float bowls, the jets plug up and the engine won't idle down properly.

Time for a carb clean and check the petcock, fuel filter and lines for any signs of debris, varnish or contamination.

http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gs500-1995-es_model13455/partslist/FIG-12.html#resul   #20

Make sure that the diaphrams are all okay, too.    #11-1

Check for vacuum leaks at the carburetor manifolds or any connected vacuum lines.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver