Motorcycle Repair/My bike keeps dying out and sounds like it running on one cylinder, what could it be?

1999 Titan gecko motorcycle 107 inch S&S motor! Would like to find out why it starts cutting out and sometime dies out on me, after warming it up! If I wait 5 minutes or so it will start back up, but sounds like its running on one cylinder. I have already changed the coil. After changing the coil when I start it, it up right away it sounds like its running on one cylinder right away. What else might be the problem here?

Frank, Check the valve clearance as the valves seat in you will lose clearance and the engine will run poorly and start hard. Some of the heads from S&S had soft aluminum around the seat area and allowed the seats to pound into the heads a little quicker than normal.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s