Motorcycle Repair/carb leaking

Hi Gary! I have a rebel 250 model year 1999.
Three days ago i decided to clean my carburator and my tank...
Yesterday i put them back on the bike, BUT....
I switch on the engine and its roars like hell, like im runnin with 50 km on the highway...
The carb is leakin too...
As im a complete amateur, i know now i shouldnt take the carb off the bike.. (too many hoses to put back on, hope i put them correctly)...
I dont know if i have to adjust the carb somehow...
Any answer would be welcome!!:Thanx:

George,Chances are you have two problems. The top carb slide is in the carb wrong. There is a brass pin in the side of the carb top and a slot cut from top to bottom of the slide. It goes here to keep the slide from turning. If its in wrong the slide will be held up and allow the engine to rev up and not slow down. The fuel leaking out the overflow tube is usually the needle and float misadjusted. Make sure the float is inserted into the pivot area and slot on the float and tilt the carb on its side with the pivot pin up and the float hanging down. Tilt the caeb back untill the float and needle just contact the seat, the float should be parallel to the carb top base. If you turn the carb upside down it will push the spring loaded pin in the needle in and give you a false reading. Adjust the float and reistall the carb and try again.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s