Motorcycle Repair/running hot

Mike -- i did everything -- I have good oil pressure and no obstructions in the frame-- I am running a s & s E carb and thought maybe a G would be better but plugs are burning good-- the exhaust ports are in excess of 600 degrees-- do not want to ride again until fixed-- Thanks Neil

there are several reasons for a motor to run hot. One is running to lean, but you say the plugs are good. Next is oil flow, but it sounds like its ok. Plugged oil lines or tank, sounds like you have that covered. There can be only 2 other things. One is the timing is to retarted and the other is, even though you have good oil flow, is plugged oil passages in the motor. One thing I would like to know is hot hot is the oil in the oil tank after running th ebike for a while?

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!