Motorcycle Repair/1971 honda cb 100 gas tank

Question
My son recently acquired a 1971 honda cb 100 and needs a new gas tank - any ideas where i can get one?  thanks.

Answer
Gary, type in: "cb100" tank at Ebay auctions to see several options. Looking at a couple hundred dollars or more for each type, though. Unless your tank is eaten through at the bottom, you can usually have them flushed/treated at radiator shops (eats the paint off, though).

1971 seems to show three colors available red, blue, gold with white striping.

17500-324-680CP/CR/FA are the part numbers for OEM tanks. The last two letters designate the colors, but they are no longer stocked at Honda warehouses.

The tank shape/style is the same on CB100S and CB125S singles and the CL100 would probably fit as well. If you don't mind repainting something usable, then search for the other model tanks. The frame shapes/mounts are all the same on the early CB100-125S (1970-75) editions, at least.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver