Motorcycle Repair/1971 honda cb 100 gas tank

My son recently acquired a 1971 honda cb 100 and needs a new gas tank - any ideas where i can get one?  thanks.

Gary, type in: "cb100" tank at Ebay auctions to see several options. Looking at a couple hundred dollars or more for each type, though. Unless your tank is eaten through at the bottom, you can usually have them flushed/treated at radiator shops (eats the paint off, though).

1971 seems to show three colors available red, blue, gold with white striping.

17500-324-680CP/CR/FA are the part numbers for OEM tanks. The last two letters designate the colors, but they are no longer stocked at Honda warehouses.

The tank shape/style is the same on CB100S and CB125S singles and the CL100 would probably fit as well. If you don't mind repainting something usable, then search for the other model tanks. The frame shapes/mounts are all the same on the early CB100-125S (1970-75) editions, at least.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.