Motorcycle Repair/1986 883 sportster xl

mike i wrote you a few days ago ,i didn't get an answer ,ive been over some problems sportster owners are having similar to mine im not getting spark . i was wondering if it could be that my cam mark may be off a tooth or tdc wasnt correct or if that has nothing to do with spark . im confused , i believe your answers to this question ,it will run poor another it will not run ,as long as the cam marks are correct tdc wont matter. im getting power to the coil ,new sensor  help thanks chris

If your marks are off on the cams, the spark plugs would still spark. They just wouldnt do it at the right time.
You need to look at what creates a spark. You have a coil, a pickup and a ignition modual. You first need to do a OHMs test on the coil to make sure its good. When you say you have a new sensor, I am going to assumn you are refering to the senser. Since its new make sure you have power going to it. If you have power going to it then the ignition modual is probably bad
Happy holidays

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!