Motorcycle Repair/81 CBX

How do I drain the carbs for winterization

You need a long screwdriver for this.  On the bottom of each carb bowl is a screw, you need a 5mm wide, 1mm thick flat screwdriver at least 30mm long to be able to get to all of them, the three on the right you get from the right side, the three on the left you get from the left side.  Undo each screw about 2 turns and the fuel should drain out from the overflow tube at the bottom of the bike near the main stand.  Don't forget to tighten them back up before turning the fuel on again in the spring!  I normally re-tighten the screw once the fuel has been drained.

Good luck,  Jan

Motorcycle Repair

Jan Ringnalda

PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE READ THIS!!! I can help with questions ONLY on any Honda CBX-1000 motorcycle, only 1978 to 1982. OR 1981 to 1983 Honda CB1100R models ONLY Honda CBX/CB1100R motorcycles, Please NO other makes, no other models. IF YOUR QUESTION IS FOR ANY OTHER BIKE Your question MAY BE FORWARDED TO THE QUESTION POOL WHERE IT MAY NEVER BE ANSWERED. IF I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, and you feel the need to give me marks lower than 10, first post a follow up question. If you mark me lower, I will respond and you run the risk I will never, ever, answer one of your questions again. I'm doing this free of charge, as a service to fellow motorcyclists. If you do not value my time, I do...

Have owned over 50 of these fine classic Honda motorcycles

International CBX Owners Association, SAE, Materials Research Society

CBXPress, VLMC magazine, Used Bike Guide

PhD in Materials Science, Post-Doc in prototyping automotive components