Motorcycle Repair/kx 80 kawasaki dirt bike

I have trouble start my bike if it sits over night when I start kicking it to start it, it will pump fuel out the exhaust but will start after kicking for a while and runs for a while but power band won't kick in, most me the time after running for about 30 minutes it will runs running and will not start until it cool s. Is it just Carb problems or do I have other issues like stater or something

Eli, There could be numerous problems but we need to narrow it down some to make a correct diagnosis. Depending on the year the carb could need to be cleaned and adjusted or the reeds dont seal off properly or the spark plug is going bad or worst case scenerio the rings are weak and the motor needs a top end rebuild. This engine needs a top end ring job at about every 20 hrs of running time. This engine only runs about 80-90 lbs compression, if much lower it wont run well and takes a lot of fuel to seal off the rings to get enough compression to fire.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s