Motorcycle Repair/winter oil

Question
\'56 Panhead
'56 Panhead  
I recently bought my first Harley, '56 Panhead, pretty stock, but electronic distributor, hand/clutch, foot/shift, stock wheels, but disk brakes. My question is should I be running a lighter grade oil this time of year. I live up in northern Washington, and current temps are in the 40's. Thanks, Kevin

Answer
You never said what your running in your bike, so its hard to comment whether to go to a lighter grade or not. Early on, the reason for going lighter is the motor turns over easier when trying to start it. I would run 50 wt year around and you should be fine!
Good luck and happy riding
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells