Motorcycle Repair/1975 Honda Z 50a clutch adjustment
Am looking for info on the above if you can help.
If you are asking about the automatic clutch then you do this:
1. Loosen the clutch adjusting screw locknut.
2. Turn the screw inwards or clockwise about a turn
or until it feels free.
3. Turn the screw back out or anti-clockwise until you just feel
some slight resistance.
4. Turn the screw in again about 1/8 turn clockwise.
5. Hold the screw from turning and lock the nut again.
At this point the clutch should not slip when kickstarting
and should also work when shifting.
If the kickstarter slips try another 1/8 turn clockwise.
If it slips after that you will need new clutch friction plates
to fix it.