Motorcycle Repair/1990 harley engine cracking

Question
I was looking to buy a 1990 springer until I heard about them having problems with the engine cracking should I stay away from that year? Thanks

Answer
Ray, Ive not heard of this but its possible. Check with a local Harley shop and see if there was a recall campaign for that problem and if so what models. Maybe it was an isolated problem.
I used to work for Kawasaki and we had some weird oil leaks through pin holes in the casting but it did'nt deter any one from buying them. Just do a little research first on any bike before you purchase it. This may save you a lot of grief in the future.  

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake