Motorcycle Repair/1990 harley engine cracking

I was looking to buy a 1990 springer until I heard about them having problems with the engine cracking should I stay away from that year? Thanks

Ray, Ive not heard of this but its possible. Check with a local Harley shop and see if there was a recall campaign for that problem and if so what models. Maybe it was an isolated problem.
I used to work for Kawasaki and we had some weird oil leaks through pin holes in the casting but it did'nt deter any one from buying them. Just do a little research first on any bike before you purchase it. This may save you a lot of grief in the future.  

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s