Motorcycle Repair/Carb Settings not covered in Clymer

I am going through a 2001 yamaha warrior 350 carborator and may have adjusted something unintentionaly. there is a small brass rod protruding into the air flow from the lower right of the intake. it seems to go into the fuel bowl and has a very small pin hole at the top. i was removing jets to check and clean then when i saw the slot to adjust this mystery part and of course i tried to remove it. i it had scars from the previous owners adjustments so when i turned it and it did not remove itself i had assumed it was stripped out. i gave it a light tap to see if it would move out to catch a thread and it fell out.  

i am wondering what this piece is and how do i properly adjust it back to factory? it does not state anything in my manual about it but it is pictured so i know this is still the proper carb for this machine.

Patrick, Some of the parts in the carb are not to be removed,this may be one of them. Some of these carbs use a brass tube for an accelerator pump. Thats why the small hole in the end for fuel to be expelled under acceleration and this tube may have been pressed in not to be removed. If the tube gets damaged and wont stay in place a new carb is about $350.00.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s