Motorcycle Repair/electrical problem on a 2002 polaris ranger 500

QUESTION: i have a 2002 / series 10 polaris ranger 500 utv and after riding it for about 10-15 minutes the headlights and gear indicator lights flash on and off and it spits and sputters as if it is not wanting to take gas like it is almost cutting off and on i have changer the rectifier/ regulator , the stator, the cdi box and the 12 volt cut off box  it will run like that till i shut it off for a little bit and i can crank it up and go again for another 10-15 minutes and it will do it again as if something is getting hot  thanks for any suggestions i may try

ANSWER: Danny try a couple of things first before spending any money. Charge thr battery up to full capacity then have it load tested. It could have a bad cell that is sulfating and it may take a charge to a point then drop off and short out. The other thing is check the ignition switch. I just had one with a broken wire on the back side of the switch and thought I would be clever and solder it. It kind of worked at first but the unit would not shut off when I turned the key off. But would die when it felt like it but would start back up. Had to order a new switch after all that work any way. I don't know if this helps any..

QUESTION: Thanks for the suggestions I have not tried those yet but am going to I did notice that the vent or overflow hose on the bottom of the carbeurator was pinched between the frame and transmission mount not allowing air or any excess fuel thru could that be a cause as well

Danny, The drain/overflow hose being pinched in the frame is a good find but doesnt explain the lights or the ignition system losing power. Just for the heck of it check the battery ground at the battery also the check the cable end where it bolts to the frame. Remove the bolt then clean the contact area then replace it making sure its tight. Then test the battery again.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s