You are here:

Motorcycle Repair/Gas tank sealer


I have a 4gal dual cap gas tank w/rust inside on my sportster and want to treat it with some tank sealer. Is there a best brand to use or are they all the same and is this my only option aside from buying a new tank. The tank looks new except the inside is growin rust. I sure could use yer input. Thanx... Cary

Heres what I do with my tanks. I take them to a radiator shop. There they clean the inside and put in a industrial sealer that I have never seen let go or come out. In my opinion its alot better than what you can buy and install and less hassle.  Here it runs around 50.00.
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mike Wells


PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!


If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!

©2017 All rights reserved.