Motorcycle Repair/painting CL 305

Question
What is the appropriate gray paint and primer to paint the gas tank,fenders etc of a Honda 305 Scrambler? Also what is the correct and best way to seal the paint to keep it from rippling and peeling around the gas tank filler?
Thanks, Joe

Answer
Joseph, the original paint was electro-statically applied to bare metal.

If you completely strip the tank to bare metal and use an etching primer, the color coat should remain secure, using today's paints with hardeners in them.

Mazda's Sunbeam Silver is a good match. Rattle can paint jobs usually won't do the job.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver