Motorcycle Repair/2000 harley fatboy

Question
how to check the stator to see if its good or bad and where is it located

Answer
The stator is located inside the primary, behind the motor sprocket.  The first test you need to do is check at the battery. With the bike running you should get around 13.5 volts. Next is unplug the plugin from the regulator. Do a OHMs test from one of the plug in to ground, then do the other. Should be no OHMs. Next test is AC voltage test. Start the bike and at the plug in, where the regulator plugs in, should be around 60 AC volts at 2000 RPM. If the stator fails either test it is bad. If it passes, the regulator is bad
Good luck and happy riding
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells