Motorcycle Repair/2000 harley fatboy

how to check the stator to see if its good or bad and where is it located

The stator is located inside the primary, behind the motor sprocket.  The first test you need to do is check at the battery. With the bike running you should get around 13.5 volts. Next is unplug the plugin from the regulator. Do a OHMs test from one of the plug in to ground, then do the other. Should be no OHMs. Next test is AC voltage test. Start the bike and at the plug in, where the regulator plugs in, should be around 60 AC volts at 2000 RPM. If the stator fails either test it is bad. If it passes, the regulator is bad
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!