Motorcycle Repair/Carb Rejetting

Question
William, Hi, I'm sure this is question is in your area of expertise. I recently purchased a 2002 Honda Sabre VT1100C2 with approximately 15,000 miles and an aftermarket Cobra exhaust system.. It really hadn't been run for a year by it's prior owner and the prior owner did not know if the bike had been rejetted. I have barely ridden it 75 miles and it seems like for the first few miles run even after warming up for a while it sometimes but not always  backfires a lot on the deceleration. The Cobra pipes are way too loud for my liking so I just replaced them tonight with stock pipes. I have not even started it yet but could you tell me if there are any clues to tell if the carbs have been rejetted for the Cobra pipes without actually taking them apart?. If it has been rejetted will I have to rejet for the stock pipes. Do you have any suggestions or tips as to what make and or size jets and or needle valves, springs? to use to rejet the carbs so it will run strong, efficiently and smoothly with the stock pipes. Thank you! Sincerely, Harry

Answer
First Off I have a website: www.viragocarb.com
I rebuild motorcycle carburetors for a living, its my Specialty.
If they have been rejetted for the exhaust pipes, there is no way of knowing unless the carbs are broke down by a knowledgeable professional. A DynoJet Jet needle kit is used most times for this modification. The DynoJet kit has adjustable needles. They have 6 slots and a C-clip that can be moved to raise and lower the needles. This is easier than re-Jetting.
If you have everything back to Stock, You can Purchase Carb Rebuild Kits on Ebay for your make and model of motorcycle and the kits should have the parts for the stock set up in their kits.
You can also order the kits from a Honda dealer, but I think Ebay is cheaper. I do these rebuilds every day, so if you need more help, contact me. My contact info is on my website...  

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack