Motorcycle Repair/Honda cb650

Question
My bike has a lot of trouble with the carburetors overflowing. I put a inline filter in and cleaned the carbs and I'm still having issues with overflowing. All of the floats were set to specs and everything was in good useable condition. Is there any tricks to get them to stop other than wacking them with a screwdriver butt. Also it has hardly any low rpm power that makes it hard to start out without riding the clutch. How do you set the idle mixture screws with 4 carbs? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
First off I want you to know you have contacted the right person for this issue as I rebuild Motorcycle Carburetors every day as its my Specialty.  www.viragocarb.com
There are 2 setting on a motorcycle carburetors float. the tang for the needle valve and the other is the float drop tang. If the float drops to far down, sometimes they get hung on the sides of the bowl or the needle valve gets cocked at an angle. Which takes a whack with the plastic end of a screw driver to free them.
To set the floats by specs don't always work. I know because it sometimes takes me 2 hours to get a proper fuel level. on a set of Carburetors that has 4 on the rack, it takes synchronizing them to get all 4 throttle blades at the same position, so they all idle together. Make sure the floats are Free and the plungers on the needle valves are working properly. Try running some Seafoam in the fuel. You can get Seafoam at any Auto Parts store.
Make sure to use it as directed. Its not good to use it to concentrated.
My website has contact info if you need more help. I can rebuild any motorcycle carburetors.
And I set the fuel levels for you...

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack