Motorcycle Repair/throttle cable question

2007 HD Road King Custom
While changing throttle cables on my bike I notice while removing the stock cables that on one of the cables it had what appeared to be an electrical connection in the middle of the cable, what is it for and do I need to figure out a way to connect it to the new cable I'm replacing it with? If so, how do I do this?
Thanks for your help

it is for your cruse control. yes you need to connect it.. when you remove you old cables you will see how to remove it from the old cable and install it on the new cable. I hope you bought the right cable for cruise control.. get back to me if you get stuck. It is hard to tell you what to do without seeing the cables. Johnny 562-666-6062. have a blessed day friend.  

Motorcycle Repair

southeast johnny

All Harley Davison bikes 1984 till 2013

44 years qith Harley davidson

Chicago Southside johnnys Hi performance Dyno tuning and custom maping 114 N Pacific ave San Pedro Ca. 90731 562_666_6062

Harley womwns magazine. Hot Bike mag, out law biker mag, supercycle mag, Too meny to list

Macter PhD technition, Dynojet owner and trained technition