Motorcycle Repair/Honda 305's

Hi Bill

Do the Honda 305's CA, CB & CL use the same engine gasket kits?  I see them advertised that way.

John, basically they are all the same. The 1960-61 engines use a different base gasket and the early kits didn't have the gaskets for the breather plate, but Honda updated the codes later on.

The only other issues are the o-rings supplied for the carb insulators. The 250cc bikes use smaller ones than the 305s, plus the Dreams only have one which is another different size.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.