Motorcycle Repair/Clutch slips on acceleration

I own a 1995 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 ACE.
I purchased it used, and had work done to it when I got it.
New tires, Battery, Fork Seals, and had the spline shaft and shift lever replaced.
They also did an oil and filter change, using Amsoil.
Lately I have noticed that at highway speeds, if I roll the throttle down a little hard, (i.e.: passing ) the engine seems to rev up. If I let up a little it goes back to a more normal RPM. The bike shifts well most times, and I have no other issues.
How can I correct this?

Mike, The problem is that the clutch is slipping. The oil is a good oil as I sell it also. A couple of things to look at If its a cable type then it needs adjusted with a little free play at the handle. The worst case is that the clutch discs and springs need replaced as they arent holding the fiber discs tight allowing them to slip and glaze up.There are 9 fiber discs and 8 metal discs that can warp due to the slippage. Check to see if you have about 1-2 mm gap between the perch and the lever when you start to squeeze it before you feel any resistance from the clutch cable.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s