Motorcycle Repair/Custom front wheel for 2002 Road King Classic

Question
I'm  replacing my standard 16" front rim on a 2002 RK Classic. I am thinking about going to a larger custom wheel from Hogpro. Someone told me that going to a 21" on a RK really hurt the handling of the bike. I live in a place with curvy mountain roads that make for great rides.  My RK is not nimble now but I also don't want to wrestle it through every curve. How much handling do I have to give up with a 21"?  Would you recommend going to an 18" instead?

Answer
I wouldnt go with a 21 inch wheel. You will change the way the bike handles and you will raise the front end and the bottom of the bike wont look square to the ground. The 18 inch would be better if you need to change. Personally I would stick with the 16 inch and get a 16 inch custom wheel.
Good luck and happy riding
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells