Motorcycle Repair/Question about my honda CD 200

Hi bill,i bought a second hand Honda Cd 200 and i drove for two weeks and this morning i stry to start it, it could'nt and I check it and find out that there is no pressure.What can i do

Matthew,  Not exactly sure what you mean by "no pressure" in your question.

If there is no compression, suddenly, in both cylinders, the worst case scenario is that the camchain has broken or somehow jumped timing. This would only happen on a very high-miles, abused and non-maintained machine. Have the compression tested first. Loss of compression on both sides is a catastrophic failure and probably not worth repairing.

If the engine isn't turning over when you kick the starter, either the clutch needs adjusting, so that you have a little free-play at the lever or the clutch plates are excessively worn and not providing sufficient grip to transmit to the kickstarter mechanism.

If your bike has an electric starter and it isn't engaging the engine correctly (slipping), then the starter clutch roller springs need replacement.  #7 should be similar to your model. I don't see any online parts illustrations for the CD200.

If it is related to the earlier CB200, then use  #11 for reference.

You will need a special tool to remove the rotors on these engines for spring replacement.

If the starter motor isn't turning over and the lights are all dim, then your battery needs to be recharged or replaced, then the charging system tested for full function.

Based upon limited information, that's all I can suggest at the moment.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.