Motorcycle Repair/RM250 Restore or ride?

I have just bought a 1980 RM250 that was used as a competition bike for some time. I am tossing up whether to simply keep it the way it is with a few minor repairs or do a ground up restoration. I have done restorations before but never on a dirt bike, always road bikes. Is it worthwhile doing the restoration or just ride it and enjoy the bike the way it is? I'm not sure if there is much call for restored vintage motorcross bikes.

Craig,There are a lot of vintage dirt bikes out there being restored and put into museums and dealers show them off on ledges in the dealerships here in the states. Im not sure about your area. Chances are it will need a fresh top end for sure, the rest is up to you.

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake

I have built from ground up race winning motocross bikes and atvs as well as atv,s for flat track and TT racing. I am starting to take on the utv challenges now for racing. This is a new area for me so Im in a learning curve.

I have extensive experience in off road motorcycles and atv,s.I also work on street bikes and personal watercraft, Some experience was self taught and some was factory trained. I have been working in the powersports industry since the mid 70,s I hope I can help. Thanks Gary

Was a sponsor for K.O.R.R.(kansas off road riders) and now I am working with ROMEO,s (retired old motorcyclists eating out)and was in charge of the Quad Wars for the monster truck series in Central Kansas

Factory trained Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Factory trained GasGas motorcycles and atvs worked as a technician and was as a dealership owner.Kaw.Suz,Honda,Aprilia,Arctic cat,See Doo,Can Am, Bombardier,Yamaha,GasGas,Qingi,TM,Moto Guzzi,Harley,s