Motorcycle Repair/speedo drive unit

Question
QUESTION: Mike , I can't find a right side speedo drive unit for my 21" font wheel for a narrow glide on a 79 fxs , can I have a drive unit made ?
         Thanks / Steve

ANSWER: tedds v-twin has them. You cant buy from them, they are a wholesaler, but check around for a dealer for them. You can look at the drive online. Go to www.vtwinmfg.com
Good luck and happy riding
Mike

QUESTION: I could not find right application for my bike ,(79 fxs , narrow glide ) at the web site you referred me to however in your opinion do think that if I pulled the worm gear and ring gear out of a left side 21" speedo drive unit and replaced it in a right side 19" speedo drive unit would work ? I didn't think I'd have this much trouble with a drive gear for a 21" tire and rim as I already put decent $$ in the front wheel . Thanks for your time and effort.  / Steve

ANSWER: What is the length of the spacer on your drive unit?
Mike

QUESTION: .250 / steve

Answer
I have never seen a drive unit with that small of spacing. If you look part number 36-0800 you will see that the spacer is .268 wich is only a little over 1 1/2 thousands bigger. I would get it and try it. If it doesnt work then you can cut it down. If you want to check other places the harley part number is 67127-73
Good luck and happy riding
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells