Motorcycle Repair/speedo drive unit

QUESTION: Mike , I can't find a right side speedo drive unit for my 21" font wheel for a narrow glide on a 79 fxs , can I have a drive unit made ?
         Thanks / Steve

ANSWER: tedds v-twin has them. You cant buy from them, they are a wholesaler, but check around for a dealer for them. You can look at the drive online. Go to
Good luck and happy riding

QUESTION: I could not find right application for my bike ,(79 fxs , narrow glide ) at the web site you referred me to however in your opinion do think that if I pulled the worm gear and ring gear out of a left side 21" speedo drive unit and replaced it in a right side 19" speedo drive unit would work ? I didn't think I'd have this much trouble with a drive gear for a 21" tire and rim as I already put decent $$ in the front wheel . Thanks for your time and effort.  / Steve

ANSWER: What is the length of the spacer on your drive unit?

QUESTION: .250 / steve

I have never seen a drive unit with that small of spacing. If you look part number 36-0800 you will see that the spacer is .268 wich is only a little over 1 1/2 thousands bigger. I would get it and try it. If it doesnt work then you can cut it down. If you want to check other places the harley part number is 67127-73
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!