Motorcycle Repair/Tire size

I have a 130 x 90/16 on my 80 twisted spoke 3.50 inch rear rim, I was wondering what's the widest tire I can put on this rim, when I need a new tire I would like to get the widest I could possibly get for this rim. What would you recommend?  Thanx,  Cary

You can fit a 150/80-16 on a 3.5 inch rim. Its a tight squeeze, but it will fit. The one thing you will have to make sure is, do you have enough room. Most harleys wont accept a 150 series tire. It will either hit the belt or the fender.
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!