Motorcycle Repair/1992 kawasaki kx80. Won't stay running

Question
So I can kick start the motorcycle up and it will run just fine with the choke on but as soon as you take it of the choke, the engine will die off. It's acting like its fuel starved. I took apart an cleaned the carburetor. But it still had the same symptoms. Even with the choke still on, the engine will start to die off after a certain point. What are some possible explanations and remedies?

Answer
Sean, This should be a simple fix. Even though you have cleaned the carb the pilot jet circuit is still plugged or restricted. Its running on the fuel that passes through the choke circuit. Pull the carb again and remove the pilot or slow jet and see if you can see light through it if not use a small cleaning wire and carb cleaner in the spray can and blow through it untill clean and you can see light through the center. Also if the intake and exhaust are stock the pilot jet may be a #55 and the main jet should be about a #122. Once you have these cleaned then try it again and see if this helps..   Gary

Motorcycle Repair

Gary Blake